Thursday, December 17, 2009

Columbia Road Shops


In the run up to Christmas the independent shops of Columbia Road in East London have been opening for late night shopping on Wednesday evenings (they're normally only open on a Sunday when the flower market is in full swing). I went along with a friend this evening (my second trip of the month) and came away feeling all inspired. The shops are packed with vintage treasures, handmade treats and beautiful art from exciting, edgy young artists - so basically all the things I love!

One of my favourite shops on Columbia Road is Elphick's, which stocks some fantastic art, including "Pink bird" (shown above), by shop owner Sharon Elphick. Luckily for those who aren't near London, you can also shop online. The shops will be open again next Wednesday eve (5-9pm). I'd definitely recommend a trip if you can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment